Following a meme on stormwreath
's journal, here is my song lyrics quiz
The songs were selected by creating a random playlist on iTunes made up of songs I've selected for other playlists. They are fairly representative of my musical tastes but there are some you might not expect if you know me.
Post your answers in a comment
1. I’ve been away so long I may go wrong and lose my way.
2. There are places I remember all my life, though some have changed.
3. It was the third of September, that day I’ll always remember.
4. He came dancing across the water with his galleons and guns.
5. Once upon a time you dressed so fine, threw the bums a dime in your prime.
6. Racing through my brain, and I just can’t contain this feeling that remains.
7. She came from Greece, she had a thirst for knowledge, she studied sculpture at St Martin’s College.
8. One child grows up to be somebody that just loves to learn.
9. I can no longer shop happily. I came in here for the special offer, guaranteed personality.
10. I’m feeling rough, I’m feeling raw in the time of my life.
11. I know it’s going to make it that much better when we can say goodnight and stay together.
12. Watching it rise, tattooed fingers shy away from me. Voices voices mesmerise.
13. I’ve heard there was a secret chord that David played and it pleased the Lord.
14. Oh, the heads that turn make my back burn.
15. Look out of your windows watch the skies, read all the instructions with bright blue eyes.
16. Listen now to what I say: Just get an electric guitar and take some time and learn how to play.
17. I’m so tired of playing, playing with this bow and arrow.
18. I’ve got a feeling in side of me, it’s kind of strange like a stormy sea.
19. Lying in my bed I hear the clock tick and think of you.
20. Buddy you’re a boy, make a big noise, playing in the street, going to be a big man some day.
And Stephen, you have to guess which version of number 13 it was